16 Jun 2009

give me the worst you possess.. I will give you my best!

Come closer to me,
Push close my lovers and take the best I possess,
Yield closer and closer and give me the best you possess.

This is unfinished business with me... how is it with you?
I was chilled with the cold types and cylinder and wet paper between us.
.
.
.
I do not thank you for liking me as I am, and liking the touch of 
me... I know that it is good for you to do so.

                                               ~Walt WHitman, Leaves of Grass

Yes! Come closer to me and take the best I possess... its not all about taking, give me the worst you possess, in return, honey, I will give you my best! because it is in the similarity of our weaknesses that we sympathize with each other. Because it is in hopelessness and despair that you need me and I, you.  

Yes, I do not thank you for liking me as I am. Do I like you for what you are? or do I like you as you are? Oh well.. I like you! Isn't that enough? does it really have to come with qualifications?  What difference would it really make if some utterly random, yet meaningful cosmic game is behind me liking you? What of it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

On Happiness, Need and Conflicts - SN Balagangadhara

Insightful paper from one of the greatest philosopher I have known so far. SN Balagangadhara . Full paper here . How important is to teach t...