24 Nov 2010

Shall I sing?

 Something amazing just happened! something really amazing!!

I never count myself to be a decent singer. I wanted to become many things when I was a kid, from astronomer to the president of India and a singer is definitely one of them. For some reason that only you know and you can never express, you seemed uncomfortable with the world around you today. You were crying. Your mother couldn't control you. I tried a million things to grab your attention and you gave that yeah-I see-the-point-but-I-dont-care look!

And then Ilayaraja came to my mind. I started singing that song from Swati Mutyam - "vatapatra saayiki varahaala laali" - your mother has always been critical of my singing abilities, but you my son, some how found it so amusing that you stopped crying! Now you can imagine, that would have given me the much needed pat on the back. I continued singing and you slowly fell asleep!

You don't even know where to focus when you look at stuff, I am not quite sure whether you hear things and whether they make any sense to you. But I would like tho think that you heard my song, loved it and fell asleep. Imagination is sometimes better than reality. You'll know this when you grow up! :)

I googled around a bit and I found that the lyricist was C.Narayana Reddy whom I don't consider a poet at all!This is called Irony.  In fact, I hate this guy Narayana Reddy and his writings..  I know I shouldn't be teaching hatred to you, but such is this world. Get used to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Happiness, Need and Conflicts - SN Balagangadhara

Insightful paper from one of the greatest philosopher I have known so far. SN Balagangadhara . Full paper here . How important is to teach t...